All posts by viking210

“This was a case of a fire sprinkler system doing its job,” says Battalion Chief (Murrieta, CA)

A residential fire sprinkler system made quick work of a fire at a home in Murrieta Saturday afternoon. The cause of the fire appeared to be the result of incense burning in the upstairs bedroom, Battalion Chief Steve Kean said. The resident advised Kean that he had been burning incense, but left the home for a short period of time before returning to discover the fire sprinklers had been activated.Continue Reading »

Sprinkler douses fire at small business (Fargo, ND)

A sprinkler system is getting credit for putting out a fire early today before it could cause significant damage to a Fargo business that makes building materials. Firefighters responded at 12:04 a.m. When crews arrived, they found that the sprinkler system had extinguished a fire in a room used for staining and spray-finishing wood products, Assistant Fire Chief Gary Lorenz stated in a news release.Continue Reading »

Fire suppressed by sprinklers at apartment building (Irvington, NY)

A fire in a multiple family dwelling was suppressed by the buildings fire suppression system. The fire, caused by mishandled oil from a candle, quickly ignited the contents in an apartments kitchen. Chief Ruffler said “this incident clearly shows how fire suppression systems really help save lives and property.Continue Reading »

Sprinkler system controls commercial electrical fire (Fort Collins, CO)

A fire broke out early Wednesday morning in the First National Bank Building in Fort Collins. Upon arrival, firefighters found heavy smoke coming from the electrical room, which is located in the first floor of the garage. The fire sprinkler system was activated and helped extinguish the fire and stop it from spreading.Continue Reading »

Sprinkler system extinguishes office fire at local restaurant (Lake Zurich, IL)

*** FIRE DEPARTMENT REPORTED – NO MEDIA COVERAGE *** On the evening of January 14, 2013, the Lake Zurich Fire Rescue Department was dispatched to an automatic fire alarm activation at 769 W. Hwy 22 (Kobe East) in Lake Zurich. The first arriving companies, upon entry, found light smoke in the building and the sound of water running.… Continue Reading »

Hotel room fire extinguished by sprinkler system (Yuma, AZ)

Sprinklers put out a stove-top fire in a room at a Yuma hotel Saturday afternoon before firefighters arrived. Yuma Fire Department spokesman Mike Erfert said arriving YFD personnel found there had been a fire in a fourth-floor of the hotel and that the sprinkler head near the fire had activated and extinguished the fire.Continue Reading »