The Beavercreek Walmart will reopen Wednesday following a Monday evening fire set inside the store.
The Beavercreek Twp. Fire Department responded around 5:45 p.m. to the store at 3360 Pentagon Blvd. after staff and customers reported flames in the craft section and smoke throughout the store.
The store was immediately evacuated and there were no reports of injuries. Although the store remained closed Tuesday, Walmart said it was serving pharmacy customers Tuesday through curbside pickup.
The fire was contained by the automatic sprinkler system and extinguished quickly by firefighters.
Beavercreek police on Tuesday identified two juveniles as suspects, but no further information is available, police said.
“We are thankful for the swift action of first responders Monday night and for our associate’s work to get the store ready to reopen for the community Wednesday morning,”
A straw bale fire damaged a grocery store in Forsyth. The Country Mart store temporarily closed.
Firefighters responded to the grocery store on Tuesday at 3:15 a.m. Investigators say the fire started in the straw bales outside the store. The fire spread into the store. The sprinkler system knocked down the fire. An employee inside the store called 911. Forsyth Fire Chief Nathan Bower says whether it’s your home or your store, you need to be careful about how you’re storing hay and straw.
“Watch where you put them things close to outlets, candles, extension cords,” said Bower. “And obviously bulk items like this they shoot really shouldn’t be stored next to whether it’s a store or whether your house, they should be stored away from it, because if they do accidentally catch on fire, at least they’re burning outside of that versus next to a structure.”
Frequent shoppers like Jovita Dublin worry they must travel farther for groceries.
“When we noticed that there had been a fire here, I couldn’t believe it,” said Dublin. “It’s hard. Like for us, you know, like my husband, he’s got problems, and he can’t drive that far. “
It took 22 firefighters from three departments to work the four-and-a-half-hour fire. The Missouri State Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating.
Store management is working with the health department to reopen the store. The drive-thru pharmacy remains open.
Shoppers and staff were evacuated after a fire started inside the Foods Co. at First and Shields Ave.
Fresno Fire responded at about 8 a.m. Sunday.
Battalion Chief Kirk Wanless said the initial call for service was someone setting something on fire inside the store.
By the time firefighters arrived, smoke had filled much of the store and fire was found in an aisle.
The store’s sprinkler system activated as firefighters were about to go in.
Firefighters were able to search the entire store and get everyone out. No one was injured.
Officials say they suspect the fire was arson and are following up on all leads.
The Fresno County Department of Public Health was called to inspect the food damaged from the fire and smoke to see what, if anything, is salvageable.
A staff member at Foods Co. said they cannot comment on when the store will reopen.
Minneapolis police say a burglary suspect confessed to starting a fire inside the Target Express on Lake Street after breaking in to the store early Tuesday morning.
Police spokesman Officer Garrett Parten says squads were dispatched to the store at 1300 West Lake Street around 3:40 a.m. after reports of a business burglary. Responding officers noticed a damaged door, went into the Target and found a suspect inside. While that man was being booked he reportedly told police he had started a fire inside a garbage can.
Parten says the fire activated a sprinkler inside the store.
Fire crews arrived about 5 minutes later, laid down water lines and extinguished what little remained of the fire and subsequent hot spots. The building sprinklers were then shut down.
At this point there are no reports on the extent of water damage caused by the incident.
A 14-year-old girl in Georgia was charged with arson after being accused of setting a fire inside Walmart.
The Peachtree City Police Department believes the teen intentionally started a fire in the paper goods aisle of the store, WGCL reports.
According to police, officers executed a search warrant at the 14-year-old’s home, where they said she admitted to starting the fire.
Investigators said the girl stated no motive behind setting the fire. It was said to be her impulsive decision.
Authorities said the fire was set around 7:20 p.m. Aug. 24. It took firefighters throughout the night to get the fire under control. It was finally extinguished around 4 a.m. the following day.
Although the store’s sprinkler system functioned as designed, the store suffered extensive damage to the interior and the roof.
Three Peachtree City police officers who evacuated the store had to be treated for smoke inhalation, but no one was seriously injured.
Lake Travis Fire Rescue officials said a fire broke out Sunday morning near the front of a Target on Ranch Road 620 South.
Firefighters responded for a fire alarm activation and saw smoke near the structure. Officials said the fire was controlled with a fire sprinkler.
According to LTFR, the fire originated in a recycle bin near the front of the store.
LTFR said the fire remains under investigation.
The automatic sprinkler system at the Richmond Target store helped keep an arson fire in the store “small and nearly extinguished,” according to Richmond Firefighters Local 188.
The firefighters’ union shared video and photos from the fire response that occurred Thursday at the store in the 4500 block of Macdonald Avenue.
Luckily, no one was injured. While the fire damage was limited to a small portion of the aisle, the remainder of the store suffered extensive water damage from the sprinkler system, fire officials said. The store has been closed since the incident.
“Crews arrived at scene to find the occupants and employees already safely out front,” fire officials said.
Fire crews found smoke in the store coming from a fire in one of the aisles. They doused whatever fire remained after the sprinkler system activated.
According to Richmond police, firefighters deemed that the fire was intentionally set. No suspects were located at the scene and the case was referred to fire investigators for followup, police said.
The El Cerrito and Contra Costa County fire departments also assisted with the incident.
A Walmart in Harahan is closed to the public today after a fire broke out there Monday (May 30) night, and it was caught on camera.
In this video, you can see the fire blazing in a section of the store, located in the 5100 block of Jefferson Highway.
Firefighters got the call around 9:44 p.m.
Responders say that when they arrived, the sprinkler system was already activated.
“Currently, as of the cause, it’s under investigation by Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s office, and our fire investigators,” said Chief Travis.
Officials also say a second fire happened this morning as a result of that first one, and electrical issues are to blame.
No one was hurt in either fire.