All posts by viking210

Cleveland, OH – Fire in utility room at Four Points by Sheraton hotel is put out by sprinkler system

Several rooms at the Four Points by Sheraton hotel were damaged when a fire broke out Saturday morning in a small utility room.  The hotel’s sprinkler system was able to put out the fire, according to firefighters.  One person injured their knee and was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, authorities said.Continue Reading »

Boise, ID – Sprinkler system helps limit damage in overnight restaurant fire

Boise restaurant, bar suffered minimal damage in Saturday morning fire — A pair of Main Street Boise businesses were damaged by an accidental early morning fire Saturday, according to the Boise Fire Department.  The Brickyard Steakhouse, 601 Main St., and The Amsterdam next door suffered fire, smoke and water damage, according to a Boise Fire press release.Continue Reading »

Huntsville, AL – Fire in laundry room at Marriott hotel extinguished by sprinkler system; No injuries reported

Huntsville Fire and Rescue said a member of the hotel’s maintenance staff opened a laundry room door and said he saw black smoke and flames. By the time the fire department got to the hotel, Marriott had already ordered an evacuation and the hotel sprinkler system put out the fire.Continue Reading »

Winnipeg, MB, Canada – Hotel fire mostly extinguished by sprinkler system helping to limit fire damage; No injuries reported

A two-storey hotel in the 600 block of Main Street caught fire Tuesday morning, but the building’s sprinkler systems extinguished most of the flames before Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service crews arrived.  No damage estimates are available yet. Considerable heavy smoke was also throughout the building.Continue Reading »

Denham Springs, LA – Apartment fire caused by man trying to manufacture methamphetamine limited by single sprinkler

A Denham Springs man is in custody at the Livingston Parish Detention Center after an attempt to manufacture methamphetamine in his apartment caused a minor blast and forced temporary evacuation of the complex late Wednesday.  The microwave blast caused a small fire in the apartment, but a sprinkler head prevented the blaze from spreading.Continue Reading »

Victoria, BC, Canada – Sprinkler system activates; Helps control fire at low-income apartment building

Victoria Fire Department crews were called to a building on Swift Street and Store Street near Fisgard on Wednesday night after reports of a fire.  Upon arrival around 6:50 p.m., crews investigated and found a grease fire in one of the units at 467 Swift, a building operated by Victoria’s Cool Aid Society. Continue Reading »

Stamford, CT – Fire in basement of industrial building held in check by sprinkler system

A fire in the basement of a Glenbrook industrial building that houses business was contained to that area, allowing upstairs occupants to return to the building on Wednesday. The fire started around 8:30 p.m. last Tuesday at 652 Glenbrook Road in the industrial complex, said Stamford Deputy Fire Chief Thomas Gloersen.Continue Reading »

Hampstead, MD – Sprinkler system activated for second-floor townhouse fire

The Office of the State Fire Marshal stated that discarded smoking materials was the cause of an accidental fire in a second-floor bedroom of a townhouse in Hampstead Monday night.

Almost exactly 24 hours after a fire destroyed a home in the same town Sunday, a bedroom fire on the 4800 block of Hillock Lane was called into the Hampstead volunteer fire company at 5:48 p.m.Continue Reading »