Stillwater, OK – Early morning fraternity house fire doused by sprinkler system; No injuries reported

The Stillwater Fire Department says around 40 Oklahoma State University students have been displaced after a fire early Thursday.Firefighters responded around 3:50 a.m. to a fire alarm at the Phi Kappa Tau fraternity house near 3rd and Lincoln. It was reported that smoke was coming from a room on the third floor and students were evacuating.… Continue Reading »

Orange, CT – Sprinkler system contains fire at TGI Fridays during busy Saturday night

A fire Saturday night at TGI Fridays was accidental and started in a kitchen exhaust hood, likely because of a malfunction, Fire Marshal Tim Smith said Sunday.

“It had nothing to do with cooking,” Smith said.  An alarm at the restaurant set off by the sprinklers being activated came into fire headquarters just about the same time an astute manager noticed water dripping from the ceiling was discolored, indicating fire, Smith said.… Continue Reading »

Abingdon, VA – Arson fire at townhome extinguished by sprinkler system

An Abingdon woman was arrested Monday morning for allegedly setting her daughter’s house on fire in September, according to the state fire marshal’s office.Just after 4 p.m. Sept. 15, Anna M. Stewart, 50, called 911 after reportedly discovering a fire on the second floor of her daughter’s house in the 200 block of Ferring Court in Abingdon, according to a notice of investigation from the fire marshal’s office.… Continue Reading »

Dover, NH – Restaurant fire held down by sprinkler system; Eatery reopens following day

A minor fire at Tucker’s Restaurant in Dover on Sunday night has forced the establishment to close on Monday.  According to Dover Fire Chief Eric Hagman, dispatchers received a fire alarm from the location at 11:33 p.m. followed by a caller from the nearby Applebee’s restaurant who reported heavy smoke in the rear of the building.… Continue Reading »

Glendale, WI – Sprinkler system controls fire at apartments with many elderly and disabled residents

North Shore Fire and Rescue responded to the Parkside Commons Apartments, 1400 W. Custer Ave., for a report of a fire on the second floor of the building.The first arriving fire company reported an active evacuation in progress with residents reporting moderate smoke conditions on the second floor.Continue Reading »

Manassas, VA – Sprinkler system assists firefighters in controlling apartment fire

On Thursday, Oct. 19 at 10:24 a. m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to an apartment fire at Woodburn Apartments, located in the 7800 block of Keara Court in Manassas. Upon arrival, firefighters observed smoke and fire showing from the side of an apartment that had extended into the home.Continue Reading »

St. Catharines, ON, Canada – Fire in loading dock area of retail store contained by sprinkler system

A partial evacuation of the Pen Centre was initiated late Thursday afternoon after a small fire started at the Dollarama store.  St. Catharines Fire and Emergency Services Platoon Chief Rob Denhollander said the fire that broke out in the loading area was contained by the store’s sprinkler system. Continue Reading »

Petersburg, VA – Laundry fire in loft apartment building extinguished by sprinkler system

A minor clothes dryer fire generated much smoke and caused the evacuation of an apartment building in Petersburg Thursday. Petersburg Fire, Rescue, and Emergency Services responded to South Street Lofts building located at N. South and Hinton Streets at 12:38 p.m., for a call about a fire in a single occupant residence on the third floor, according to Interim Battalion Fire Chief Michael Ferguson. Continue Reading »

Reporting on lives and property saved by fire sprinklers

Total Saves: 3,125*

Simple Share Buttons