Christiana, DE – Kitchen fire at TownePlace Suites hotel knocked down by sprinkler system

A fire inside a guest room at a Christiana hotel on Thursday was ruled accidental by officials later that day. The Delaware State Fire Marshal determined the cause of the blaze—which was reported around 4:30 p.m., on the fourth floor of the TownePlace Suites by Marriott, located at 410 Eagle Run Road—was a cardboard box that had been placed on top of a working stove. Continue Reading »

Henderson, NV – Electrical fire in condominium building contained by sprinkler system

An electrical fire in a Henderson condominium building yesterday evening was contained to the area of origin by the building’s fire sprinkler system and firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire before it could spread to neighboring units.  The Henderson Fire Department responded at about 5:40 p.m.Continue Reading »

Phillipsburg, NJ – No injuries as sprinkler system helps knock down fire at Toys R Us

The Toys R Us store on Route 22 near Phillipsburg was evacuated Monday for a fire that broke out in the store’s office area, fire officials said.

No one was injured in the 3:59 p.m. blaze, which burned boxes, computer materials and other office items in the building at 1280 Route 22 in Pohatcong Township.… Continue Reading »

St. Paul, MN – Sprinkler system extinguishes electrical fire in dorm room at University of St. Thomas

An electrical fan in a resident’s room sparked a small fire early Monday morning in Grace Hall, tripping the sprinkler system and the fire alarm, and requiring the building to be evacuated.

The sprinkler system extinguished the fire. St. Paul Fire Department also responded promptly.… Continue Reading »

Yuma, AZ – Fire at linen services company contained by sprinkler system; Third Yuma sprinkler save in one week

The Yuma Fire Department said sprinklers helped put out a fire that could have gotten out of control.  Monday just after 1:00 a.m., an alarm was reported indicating a fire sprinkler activation at the Alsco facility, 3231 South Florence Lane. Yuma Fire Department and Marine Corps Air Station Fire Department personnel arrived to find heavy smoke in the building.Continue Reading »

Farmers Branch, TX – Office fire on 9th floor of Federal Building extinguished by single sprinkler

*** FIRE DEPARTMENT REPORTED – NO MEDIA COVERAGE *** On the afternoon of September 13, 2017, the Farmers Branch Fire Department was dispatched to an automatic fire alarm at a 14-story Federal Building located at 4050 Alpha Rd. Upon arrival, smoke was showing on the ninth floor.Continue Reading »

Oswego, NY – No injuries reported in apartment fire contained by sprinkler system

Oswego Fire Department personnel were called to a multiple-story building at 131 W. First St. at 6:42 p.m. Monday with reports of smoke filling an apartment. Crews were first alerted to smoke in an apartment on the 6th floor, ultimately locating a fire in an occupied apartment on the first floor. Continue Reading »

East Wenatchee, WA – Sprinkler system limits damage in apartment kitchen fire; No injuries reported

The sprinkler systems that are required by code in East Wenatchee apartment buildings worked perfectly Monday to keep a stove fire from spreading according to fire investigator Brian Brett.  Crews were called just after 11am to the Bello Rio Apartments in the 2-thousand block of Northwest Cascade Avenue.  Continue Reading »

Reporting on lives and property saved by fire sprinklers

Total Saves: 3,044*

Simple Share Buttons