Tag Archives: New Hampshire

Nashua, NH – Sprinkler system contains apartment grease fire on Easter Sunday

Crews were called to the Tara Heights Apartments at 10 Digital Dr. around 9 a.m. Sunday morning, where they found a grease fire on a stove that had spread to the cabinets and activated the sprinkler system.

The fire was quickly contained by the sprinkler system, but crews were still tied up for an hour ejecting smoke and doing salvage work in the apartment where the fire was and the apartment below it.Continue Reading »

Dover, NH – Apartment kitchen fire extinguished by sprinkler system; No injuries reported

A fire at a Grove Street apartment Sunday was much different from one that occurred there nearly 16 years ago because of the sprinkler system that was installed, said the city’s fire chief.  At around 5:25 p.m. Sunday, the department was dispatched to the apartment building on 71 Grove St.Continue Reading »

Dover, NH – Restaurant fire held down by sprinkler system; Eatery reopens following day

A minor fire at Tucker’s Restaurant in Dover on Sunday night has forced the establishment to close on Monday.  According to Dover Fire Chief Eric Hagman, dispatchers received a fire alarm from the location at 11:33 p.m. followed by a caller from the nearby Applebee’s restaurant who reported heavy smoke in the rear of the building.… Continue Reading »

Laconia, NH – Sprinkler system helps to limit fire at county jail; Overheated generator was cause

A fire that broke out at the newly completed Belknap County Community Corrections Center last week may have caused as much as $100,000 in damaging, authorities report.  Assistant Fire Chief Kirk Beattie said an exhaust pipe from an emergency generator overheated during a load test, setting the surrounding plywood on fire.Continue Reading »

Laconia, NH – Fire in circuit courthouse contained with help from sprinkler system

A fire in a trash can caused the evacuation of the Laconia Circuit Court Monday afternoon.  Meredith’s Vikki Fogg said she opened the door to a ground floor restroom to be met by flames. She told her grandson Nathan, 7, to go tell the bailiff conducting security screenings at the courthouse entrance that there was a fire.… Continue Reading »