Category Archives: Uncategorized

Augusta, GA – Sprinkler system keeps grass fire from spreading indoors at assisted living facility

A fire forced the Homestead Assisted Living Center in Augusta to be evacuated. It happened around noon Monday. 

The Augusta Department of  Public Safety told KSN News they determined that the fire began as a grass fire outside the facility.  A sprinkler went off and contained the fire inside the building.Continue Reading »

Raleigh, NC – Fire sprinklers save multiple buildings near construction site fire

Last Friday’s construction site fire in Raleigh, NC was a devastating incident for the City of Raleigh and all those impacted. News outlets and social media gave us all a first glimpse of the devastation, but we also observed the success stories in the properties saved because of firefighters and fire sprinklers.Continue Reading »

Rancho Cucamonga, CA – (NO MEDIA COVERAGE) Single sprinkler activates to extinguish residential fire

*** NO MEDIA COVERAGE — FIRE DEPARTMENT REPORTED ** On August 5, 2016 at 3:20 p.m. Rancho Cucamonga (CA) Medic Engine 174 and Medic Truck 174 were dispatched with automatic aid resources to a reported residential structure fire in a two story single family detached home.… Continue Reading »

Scottsdale, AZ – Parking garage fire kept in check by sprinkler system; No injuries

Shoppers at Scottsdale Fashion Square were briefly evacuated Thursday afternoon after a car caught fire in one of the shopping center’s parking garages.

The garage’s sprinkler system kept the fire under control until the Scottsdale Fire Department could arrive and fully extinguish the fire, according to Fire Department Capt.Continue Reading »

Chicago, IL – Fire at U.S. Cellular Field contained by sprinkler system hours before White Sox home opener

A firefighter was injured Friday morning when a small fire broke out at U.S. Cellular Field, just hours before the Chicago White Sox’s home opener. Fire crews were called to the South Side stadium just before 2:30 a.m. after a fire started in a first-floor storage room, officials said.Continue Reading »