A fire at Tempe’s Kyrene Middle School caused the evacuation of about 1,300 students and 80 staff members on Thursday morning. A teacher noticed smoke coming out of a classroom at the school moments before the sprinkler system was activated and the fire was put out.… Continue Reading »
Firefighters rushed out to the Lexington Athletic Club early Thursday morning, but sprinklers did their job before crews even arrived. Officials say towels caught fire inside a dryer. The sprinkler system inside the laundry room doused the flames. There were no reported injuries.… Continue Reading »
No injuries were reported in a Sunday morning fire that apparently began on a stove and left three units uninhabitable in a Woodridge apartment building, authorities said. They said a small kitchen fire had triggered the sprinkler system.