An electrical fire broke out in the kitchen of Two Doors Down, 118 E. Broadway Ave., Maryville, Monday, May 22, but had been extinguished by the time firefighters from Maryville and Alcoa arrived.
Mike Caylor, deputy chief of Maryville Fire Department, said that a call regarding the fire came in at 1:33 p.m. Monday. Firefighters arrived 3 minutes later, to find that the fire was out. The sprinkler system extinguished it, he said.
“The updated sprinkler system did its job and assisted in keeping damages to a very small minimum. No damage to the main level at all. We just have to clean up some water in other areas and double check for any other old neglected electrical components to ensure this never happens again,” a post published to Two Doors Down’s Facebook page states.
Five engines and two support vehicles responded to the fire, along with 12 personnel from MFD and three from Alcoa Fire Department.
Firefighters remained at the scene to assist with water removal and smoke mitigation.