Cortland, NY – Fire that started in restaurant duct work quickly put out by fire sprinklers; No injuries reported

City of Cortland Fire crews yesterday (September 11) responded to an early-afternoon kitchen fire at the Wild Ginger Asian Fusion restaurant on Main Street.

Deputy Chief Wayne Friedman says it started in the ductwork of the restaurant and was put out quickly around 3 p.m. by the building’s sprinkler system.

Thankfully, no one was injured in the fire and damage was kept to a minimum.

The Cortland County Health Department also responded and will now have to clear the restaurant for cleanliness before it can reopen to customers.

It will also follow up on any necessary structural repairs that need to be made.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *