Category Archives: Retail

Blenheim, ON, Canada – Fire at tire store held in check by sprinkler system

There is still no word on how extensive the damage is after a fire broke out at the Canadian Tire store in Blenheim on Thursday morning. According to a spokesperson for the CK fire department, the damage estimate is still under review “due to the complexities of smoke and water damage.” The investigation continues but Chatham-Kent fire officials are confident it was an accident.… Continue Reading »

Fargo, ND – Overnight fire at Macy’s department store extinguished by sprinkler system

A sprinkler system is credited with minimizing what most likely would have been significant fire damage at Macy’s in West Acres. Fargo firefighters responded to an alarm at 2:42 a.m. Sunday and discovered a sprinkler head had activated and put out a fire in an office at the department store.Continue Reading »

Vancouver, WA – Overnight fire at cabinet business put out with help from sprinkler system

A fire damaged a business in Vancouver Tuesday morning.  Crews responded to Dreamline Cabinets in the 2700 block of Northeast Andersen Road just before 1:30 a.m.  The sprinkler system helped put the fire out before firefighters arrived.  Firefighters did need to cut some holes in the roof at the business next door to help vent the smoke. Continue Reading »

St. Catharines, ON, Canada – Fire in loading dock area of retail store contained by sprinkler system

A partial evacuation of the Pen Centre was initiated late Thursday afternoon after a small fire started at the Dollarama store.  St. Catharines Fire and Emergency Services Platoon Chief Rob Denhollander said the fire that broke out in the loading area was contained by the store’s sprinkler system. Continue Reading »

Jessup, MD – Shopping center blaze snuffed out by sprinkler system

A building fire broke out in Jessup on Sunday, according to the Howard County Department of Fire and Rescue Services.  Firefighters responded to the shopping center where MOM’s Organic Market and Ollie’s are located; the blaze occurred in a commercial space in the 7300 block of Assateague Drive before 6 p.m., officials said. Continue Reading »

Newark, NJ – Sprinkler system helps extinguish overnight fire at laundry business

A fire that started earlier in the day caused thousands of dollars in damage and temporarily closed Buckeye Linen Services.

The fire was reported around 11:10 p.m. Thursday. Crews remained on scene until about 1:45 a.m. Friday. 

Newark Fire Chief Pat Connor said the fire started in a dryer duct, spread to the attic and ultimately to the roof of the building on Jefferson Street. Continue Reading »