There was a light on fire near the dressing rooms in the middle of the department store, which is part of a Midwestern chain. A spokesperson for the SFD said investigators indicated that the fire was accidentally set.
The call came into the SFD from a store employee.
A sprinkler system in the store was activated, helping crews to knock down the fire quickly.
There was residual smoke damage as well as water damage to the store.
City Water, Light & Power was dispatched to the scene, but fire crews were able to isolate an issue with an electrical breaker.
The store was evacuated and didn’t re-open to the public.
No injuries were reported.