An early morning fire inside an Industrial Park Drive building was caused by spontaneous combustion of oily rags, according to fire officials. The single-alarm blaze, reported just after 1 a.m. Thursday, happened inside UniFirst Corp., 8 Industrial Park Drive, which is a uniform, maintenance and cleaning supply company.… Continue Reading »
Fire crews responded to a commercial laundry and linen service, about 1:10 a.m. and found an active fire inside a large bin containing clean rags and mop head, Battalion Chief John Williams said.
A fire sprinkler immediately adjacent to the burning bin activated, helping to keep the fire from spreading to other bins and pallets.… Continue Reading »
A fire which began in a cleaning business the evening of September 12 when rags and clothing that were placed in a laundry basket spontaneously combusted. Fire crews arrived and saw fire through the windows of the building.
A dry-cleaning business at a strip mall caught fire Wednesday, but a sprinkler system inside the building kept the blaze from spreading and causing even more damage to the surrounding stores, a battalion chief said. The blaze began around 5:47 p.m. Fire crews saw heavy smoke coming from the business when they arrived, but the fire sprinklers inside the store were activated after clothes on the conveyor system caught fire, Neiman-Kimel said.… Continue Reading »
Two fires that occurred recently had two items in common — fire sprinklers were in place and minimal structural damage occurred. The first fire, which took place in an apartment kitchen, was contained by a single fire sprinkler. A dry cleaning store sustained the other fire after business hours, and two fire sprinklers helped to control the fire until fire crews came.… Continue Reading »
A fiberglass cart filled with rags spontaneously combusted in one of the truck bays at dry cleaners. When firefighters reached the building, there wasn’t much of a fire. A few spots were still were smoldering, but the sprinklers had doused the truck bay pretty well, Fire Marshal Kathy Clay said.… Continue Reading »