Category Archives: Single Family Home

Asheville, NC – Fire in duplex extinguished by residential sprinkler system

A sprinkler system extinguished a structure fire Wednesday and helped the occupants escape safely, according to an Asheville Fire Department spokeswoman.  The Asheville Fire Department responded to a possible structure fire off Old Chunns Cove Road around 7 a.m. Wednesday, said department spokeswoman Kelley Klope.Continue Reading »

Novato, CA – Sprinkler system extinguishes garage fire in million dollar home under construction

A fire sprinkler extinguished a fire sometime Thursday or early Friday that would have destroyed a Novato home worth more than a million dollars, fire officials said. The fire occurred between the time construction workers left the home in the 100 block of San Domingo Way Thursday and Friday morning when the general contractor stopped by.Continue Reading »

Riverside, CA – Early morning house fire isolated to garage by sprinkler system; Family escapes unharmed

The garage of a two-story Riverside home ignited Wednesday morning, March 22.  Riverside firefighters responded to the 9400 block of Newbridge Road about 4:25 a.m. to a smoking garage, according to a news release from the Fire Department.  The home’s sprinkler system kept the fire isolated in the garage, the release said, and firefighters put out the flames.Continue Reading »

Lake Havasu City, AZ – Fire at duplex home contained with help from sprinkler system; No injuries reported

Lake Havasu City firefighters responded to a fire at a duplex in the 2700 block of Bluewater Drive Sunday afternoon. The fire was reported by the neighbor of the duplex. Four engine companies, a battalion chief, and two fire investigators responded to the fire and gained control of the fire in 16 minutes.Continue Reading »

Idaho Falls, ID – Home fire sprinkler system assists firefighters in extinguishing fire at residence

A fire at an Idaho Falls home on Wednesday is estimated to have caused $30,000 in damages. The blaze was reported at approximately 11:17 a.m. Firefighters with the Idaho Falls Fire Department responded to the residence at 3612 Summit Run Trail, where they found smoke coming from the basement. Continue Reading »

Riverside, CA – House fire caused by short-circuited microwave oven controlled by sprinkler system

A microwave oven short-circuited, igniting a nighttime kitchen fire that displaced four Riverside residents and caused $4,000 damage to their home, city fire officials say. The blaze was reported at 9:49 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 6, along the 6400 block of Logan Court, just north of Arlington Avenue and about a mile southwest of Riverside Muncipal Airport.Continue Reading »