Category Archives: Residential

Apartment fire caused by careless smoking put out by sprinkler system (Saginaw, MI)

A fire at Lakeside Village apartments Tuesday began with careless smoking, but was put out moments later by a sprinkler system that was installed after a more devastating fire in 2005.  The sprinkler system paid for itself Tuesday and may have saved lives, especially because some of the residents are disabled, Saginaw Township Fire Department Inspector Kevin O’Brien said.Continue Reading »

Fire sprinkler system eliminates fire at apartment complex (Streamwood, IL)

A candle caused the fire that began on the couch of a Streamwood apartment. According to Battalion Chief Jeff Swanson, “The resident was in a backroom and came back to the living room to discover the fire. The building’s fire sprinkler system was able to extinguish the fire before it got out of control.” No injuries were reported.Continue Reading »