Ten seniors had to be evacuated from The Waters after an electrical cord apparently shorted in one resident’s apartment the morning of Dec. 29. “It was the cord leading to an alarm clock,” said White Bear Lake Fire Chief Greg Peterson. The fire on the third floor was controlled by the apartment buildings sprinkler system. Firefighters arrived and extinguished the fire. Four other fire departments assisted at the scene. Three people had minor injuries — burns and smoke inhalation, Peterson said. They were taken to local hospitals.