Des Moines, IA – Fire sprinklers contain kitchen grease fire; No injuries reported

Residents were evacuated from an apartment on the south side of Des Moines early Wednesday morning.

Fire crews were called to 1516 Evergreen Avenue at around 5:45 a.m.

Fire officials say there was a grease fire in the kitchen of a first-floor apartment that caused water and smoke damage to the apartment and the hallway.

Fire Captain Tim Patava said there were no injuries in the fire and more than a dozen were evacuated.

Alarms and sprinklers were tripped by the fire and the fire was contained to that apartment.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *