Faulty power strips were to blame for the fire that erupted the evening of May 28 in several self-storage units. The building’s fire sprinklers quickly contained the blaze until fire crews arrived. No injuries were reported.… Continue Reading »
A fire that broke out in an electronic recycling warehouse caused 30 fire firefighters from four county fire departments to respond. They arrived to find a small fire which was limited due to the warehouse’s fire sprinklers.
A Willow Springs chemical company was saved on Monday because of an automatic fire sprinkler system, said the town’s fire chief. A box alarm and hazmat team was called, and members found a single sprinkler head extinguished the wooden pallets and two drums of materials that caught fire.… Continue Reading »