Category Archives: Townhouse / Condominium

Arlington, VA – Early morning fire at luxury high-rise condominium building contained by sprinkler system

One person was sent to the hospital for observation after a fire in a Virginia Square condominium Friday morning.  The fire was reported around 6:30 a.m. at the high-rise Hawthorn condo building, which is located at 820 N. Pollard Street, across Wilson Blvd from Gold’s Gym. Continue Reading »

View Royal, BC, Canada – Condominium fire suppressed by home fire sprinkler system

Fire crews from both View Royal and Colwood responded to alarm bells ringing at the Four Pillars condo complex on Watkiss Way at 9:40 a.m. Friday.  The fire started in a bedroom and was caused by unattended candles and incense.

“If this hadn’t been a sprinkled building, this would have been a significantly different event,” said View Royal Fire Chief Paul Hurst.Continue Reading »

Abingdon, VA – Arson fire at townhome extinguished by sprinkler system

An Abingdon woman was arrested Monday morning for allegedly setting her daughter’s house on fire in September, according to the state fire marshal’s office.Just after 4 p.m. Sept. 15, Anna M. Stewart, 50, called 911 after reportedly discovering a fire on the second floor of her daughter’s house in the 200 block of Ferring Court in Abingdon, according to a notice of investigation from the fire marshal’s office.… Continue Reading »

Henderson, NV – Electrical fire in condominium building contained by sprinkler system

An electrical fire in a Henderson condominium building yesterday evening was contained to the area of origin by the building’s fire sprinkler system and firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire before it could spread to neighboring units.  The Henderson Fire Department responded at about 5:40 p.m.Continue Reading »

Abingdon, MD – Fire officials credit sprinkler system with containing townhouse fire to room of origin

State fire investigators credit a functioning smoke alarm and sprinkler system with alerting an Abingdon woman to a fire Friday afternoon and minimizing damage to the townhouse where she lives with other family members. The fire was reported shortly after 4 p.m.Continue Reading »

St. Augustine, FL – Sprinkler system knocks down residential condominium fire

Historic City News learned that the City of St Augustine Fire Department was dispatched to a residential structure fire before 6:00 a.m. Sunday morning at Las Palmas on the Intracoastal condominiums in North City.

Crews, assisted by St Johns County Fire Rescue, arrived at the unit located at 1080 Bella Vista Boulevard and began extinguishment while a search for occupants was underway.Continue Reading »

Myrtle Beach, SC – Townhouse fire put out by residential sprinkler system; Neighboring homes spared

Myrtle Beach Fire Rescue credits a home’s sprinkler system for saving the house and the family. Lt. Jonathan Evans says a cooking fire was put out at a home in Market Common before firefighters could even arrive.

“First off, the sprinkler system is already in your home, so it goes off, it’s going to be a lot easier for it to put out the fire than us.Continue Reading »