A microwave oven short-circuited, igniting a nighttime kitchen fire that displaced four Riverside residents and caused $4,000 damage to their home, city fire officials say. The blaze was reported at 9:49 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 6, along the 6400 block of Logan Court, just north of Arlington Avenue and about a mile southwest of Riverside Muncipal Airport.… Continue Reading »
The Turlock Fire Department responded to a fire early Sunday morning that was sparked by a malfunction in a refrigerator in the garage. The residents were all able to get out of the home safely, thanks in part to their smoke alarm and residential sprinkler system, the fire department reported.… Continue Reading »
*** NO MEDIA COVERAGE — FIRE DEPARTMENT REPORTED ** On August 5, 2016 at 3:20 p.m. Rancho Cucamonga (CA) Medic Engine 174 and Medic Truck 174 were dispatched with automatic aid resources to a reported residential structure fire in a two story single family detached home.… Continue Reading »
Battle Creek firefighters and Battle Creek police are investigating a break-in and arson at a home. Firefighters were called to 141 Green St. at 6:21 a.m. Wednesday, according to Fire Marshal Quincy Jones. Jones said it appeared someone forced open a back door and set a fire in the kitchen in the rear of the two-story, wood-frame home.… Continue Reading »
Crews responded to a fire at a home Friday afternoon in Ventura, officials said. The incident was reported fire just after 3:50 p.m. in the 100 block of South Dunning Street, according to the city of Ventura Fire Department.
The home, at 3210 N.W. Hood Court, Camas, is in the sheetrock phase of construction, according to an email from Randy Miller, deputy fire marshal at the Camas-Washougal Fire Department, and the fire started in the laundry room wall and burned into the home’s entry way and attic.… Continue Reading »
Mountain View firefighters on Sunday extinguished a house fire in the 200 block of Mariposa Avenue. The blaze started in the kitchen when all of the residents were out. The fire was first reported at 11:10 a.m. on Sunday when people passing by began to notice smoke billowing out of the two-story house.… Continue Reading »