A single sprinkler head was able to extinguish fire from a stove top at an Appleton child care facility on Monday. At around 11:45 a.m., the Appleton Fire Department was sent to Appleton KinderCare on S. Oneida Street for a report of a fire in the kitchen. All staff and 65 children at the day care were able to safely evacuate the facility. When crews arrived, they had found that a sprinkler head was able to completely extinguish the fire, which had only damaged some nearby cardboard boxes. Officials say the fire started when a worker had placed empty boxes on top of the stove and a burner may have been inadvertently turned on. According to the Appleton Fire Department, this is the second incident in the past two months in which a sprinkler extinguished a fire in an Appleton building.