Jackson Firefighters responded to a second kitchen fire at a residence on Victoria Circle. There were no injuries reported, according to Station 55 Chief Timothy Carson. Fire fighters were dispatched, and on arrival, found that the occupants had been cooking when a flash fire erupted. The sprinkler system and two installed extinguisher pods inside the cook-top exhaust fan put the fire out.
Crews found the fire started in the employee bathroom, located at the rear of the store, but was extinguished by the fire sprinkler system, Toms River Bureau of Fire Prevention Director James Mercready said. The fire sprinkler system helped control and suppress the “potentially catastrophic” fire, he said. A fire sprinkler head had activated once temperatures in the area reached 155 degrees Fahrenheit and once it kicked on, a fire alarm signal alerted the fire department of the fire, Mercready said.
No injuries reported. A food warmer caught fire in the hallway outside the locker rooms. The building did not need to be evacuated, Boardwalk Hall General Manager Greg Tesone said. “The sprinkler system came on like it was supposed to,” Tesone said. “By the time the fire department got here it was already out.”