Fond Du Lac, WI – Sprinkler system extinguishes kitchen fire at strip mall

A fire at a Fond du Lac strip mall was quickly extinguished, thanks to a sprinkler system, officials said Tuesday.

According to Fond du Lac Fire Rescue, crews were dispatched just before 11 a.m. Saturday for a commercial fire alarm and water flow alarm at 325 Winnebago Drive.

FDLFR said a single fire sprinkler head had been activated in the kitchen area of Fast Taco, located at 335 Winnebago Drive. The sprinkler put out the fire that had occurred on a two-burner cook top, resulting in minimal water and soot damage to Fast Taco and one adjacent business.

Officials say the fire was caused by unattended cooking. The fire sprinkler and fire alarm systems were restored. Business representatives and building owners are working to restore business operations.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *