Firefighters responded to La Plazita de Mofongo, located at 425 Broad St., about 12:18 a.m Saturday and found fire and smoke throughout the restaurant, according to the Manchester Fire Department.
Firefighters found that a sprinkler system had partially extinguished a blaze in the kitchen. The rest of the fire was quickly brought under control and no injuries were reported, the fire department said.
The restaurant, billed as “a little part of Puerto Rico located in the heart of Manchester” on its social media pages, will be closed until repairs can be made.
“Dear customers, I regret to inform you that we will be closed at the moment for reasons beyond our control,” the restaurant team said in a statement on their Facebook page.
“Thank you for your support and we will work hard to open and provide you with the service and quality you deserve,” the statement said.
The fire marshal’s office was investigating the fire.