The Baton Rouge Fire Department reported crews received the call about the fire at 12:40 a.m.
Officials said members of the LSU Police Department told responding firefighters there was a fire but the sprinkler system had doused the flames.
According to BRFD, police officers said a cardboard box had been put on top of a dryer and caught fire. The firefighters stayed on scene long enough to make sure the fire was out.
Fire officials added the power was turned off temporarily as a precaution. The laundry room and other nearby areas received water damage from the sprinkler system. Officials estimated the damage to be about $25,000.
No. 11 LSU defeated Indiana, 8-1, just a couple hours before the fire department responded to the fire.
There was no indication the fire would affect Saturday’s scheduled doubleheader between LSU and Indiana.