Pearland, TX – (no media coverage) Apartment kitchen fire extinguished by fire sprinkler

On Friday August 9, 2019 at approx 12pm, The Pearland Fire Department responded to the 6500 Blk of Broadway St. Pearland, TX for a fire alarm at an apartment complex. While units were arriving on location’s security gates, dispatch advised that FD could disregard response, and that property management advised that it was a false alarm. PFD engine checked by the scene instead of disregarding, and found a maintenance person running down the stairs advising that he kicked the door into one of the units and the apartment was filled will smoke. Firefighters investigated and found that an unattended pot was left on the stove. The sprinkler head in the kitchen activated and extinguished the fire on the stove, The fire was contained to the stove and overhead microwave area.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *