Yuma, AZ – Apartment kitchen fire extinguished by fire sprinkler; No injuries reported

A fire that started in the kitchen could have turned into something much worse without the help of a fire sprinkler.

The Yuma Fire Department received reports of an apartment fire at La Posada Apartments last Sunday around 1 p.m.

Fire crews found a stovetop fire in the apartment at the scene, but the fire sprinkler had extinguished the fire.

They say a pot of oil had splashed and burned the stove’s burner. The fire was thankfully extinguished before it could spread to the rest of the kitchen.

No injuries were reported.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *