Yuma, AZ – Apartment fire started by TV set put out by fire sprinklers

Firefighters believe a bedroom television set triggered a fire inside a home at La Posada Apartments Tuesday night. 

According to the Yuma Fire Department, firefighters responded to the apartment located 900 West 30th Street. Authorities arrived at the scene and found that a fire sprinkler head had extinguished a fire inside the bedroom. Two people were inside the apartment at the time of the fire and were able to evacuate safely.

Fire officials believe the fire started in a bedroom television set. The damage reported was limited to items in the immediate area and wall behind the set. 

The American Red Cross assisted the two residents with temporary accommodations. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *