Wheaton, IL – Apartment fire stopped by fire sprinklers; No injuries reported

Fire officials say a faulty dryer may have been to blame for a blaze that broke out in a Wheaton apartment building Wednesday evening. The incident took place around 9 p.m. in the 100 block of North Cross, according to a press release.

When fire crews got to the scene and found a dryer on fire in a fifth-floor apartment. They say the unit’s fire sprinkler system brought the blaze under control, but that smoke and water damage left it uninhabitable.

No other units were affected and no injuries were reported, fire officials say.

According to the Wheaton Fire Department, the cause of the fire appears to be accidental.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *