Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue said crews responded to the 20000 block of Southwest 115th Avenue about 5:05 p.m. Someone from the business that was performing the testing reported the batteries were on fire.
Firefighters quickly contained the blaze, but it took a while to completely extinguish the flames. The building’s automatic sprinkler system helped contain the fire and minimize damage to the building and its contents.
A hazmat team responded, and authorities carried out a water containment plan to minimize any environmental effects, according to Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue. The hazmat team also monitored air quality and set up a decontamination process for crews that had been directly exposed to smoke and flames, the agency said.