At approximately 12:00 AM Sunday morning, February 4th, Casper Fire-EMS responded to a fire alarm at the 600 block of Southeast Wyoming Boulevard, the Eastridge Mall. Firefighters say that they arrived and found a fire in a storage closet area of a restaurant in the building.… Continue Reading »
Riverton’s bus barn caught fire canceling all bus routes this morning. The fire was reported at 7:00 pm Monday night. Only one bus caught fire, the other thirty buses were saved by the sprinkler system installed just two years ago. Buses in the barn are parked inches from each other so the Superintendent of Riverton’s School District said only losing one bus, was amazing.… Continue Reading »
A fire in a three story, multi-unit apartment complex in the 300 block of Montalto Drive Monday morning was short-lived because of an installed sprinkler system, said Chief Darrick Mittlestadt of Laramie County Fire District 1.
A fiberglass cart filled with rags spontaneously combusted in one of the truck bays at dry cleaners. When firefighters reached the building, there wasn’t much of a fire. A few spots were still were smoldering, but the sprinklers had doused the truck bay pretty well, Fire Marshal Kathy Clay said.… Continue Reading »