A fire that began in the kitchen of an apartment in the middle of the night of June 6 was quickly put out by the unit’s fire sprinkler system. No injuries were reported from the incident.… Continue Reading »
The first fire occurred overnight at an occupied commercial building. The fire was confined to one room in the building, centered by a few blower fans thanks to the building’s fire sprinklers, and the business was able to continue business within a couple hours of the fire.… Continue Reading »
Kent firefighters rescued a woman following an apartment fire at about 8:30 p.m. Monday in the 24000 block of 104th Avenue Southeast. The fire was controlled by a sprinkler system which had been retrofitted into the building approximately five years ago. When they entered the apartment, they found the occupant unable to escape on her own.… Continue Reading »
A fire that started in the kitchen of a restaurant activated the unit’s alarm as well as its fire sprinklers. The sprinkler system extinguished most of the fire, which was contained to the kitchen, before fire crews arrived.
Crews were called to the scene of a reported fire at Fife High School, according to Tacoma Fire. The fire appears to have been put out by the school’s sprinkler system, Fire officials said. The fire started in a wood lathe machine in the shop facility and was quickly contained, according to Tacoma Fire.… Continue Reading »
A building sprinkler system quickly extinguished a fire at a fiberglass component manufacturing plant. The fire began in a room where fiberglass and resin are sprayed into molds. The cause of the fire is believed to have been spontaneous combustion from a buildup of fiberglass and resin in a spray booth.… Continue Reading »