The resident of the fourth floor apartment in the Huber Building who was injured is expected to be okay, according to Bill Morlock, the executive director of the Springfield Housing Authority, which owns the senior housing project.… Continue Reading »
A fire that originated inside a Western Avenue building early Thursday morning left only one room and part of the roof damaged. The building was totally occupied at the time of the fire, Brattleboro Fire Chief Mike Bucossi said. According to Bucossi, the fire started where the vent pipe furnace comes off the pellet furnace.… Continue Reading »
Fire departments responded to a fire at a college dormitory at about 2:45 a.m. on Thursday. The apartment, which was being renovated, was saved from extensive fire damage by the installed fire sprinkler system. The sprinklers, upon activation from the heat of the fire, then automatically alerted the local emergency response units.… Continue Reading »
A historic building which houses several apartments had a fire begin in a fourth floor unit. The fire began when items that were cooking on the stove were left unattended. The sprinkler system, reacting to the heat from the fire, activated and eliminated the blaze.
There were no injuries reported from the incident.… Continue Reading »