Tag Archives: Tennessee

Spring Hill, TN – Fire at BBQ restaurant suppressed by sprinkler system

Martin’s BBQ Joint, 55 South and the Salty Goat were evacuated Tuesday night after a fire broke out in one of the kitchens.  There were no injuries or structural damage to the building.  “The sprinkler system did it’s job – that’s what we have sprinklers in buildings for,” said Spring Hill Fire Chief Terry Hood.Continue Reading »

Knoxville, TN – Apartment balcony fire contained by sprinkler system; No injuries reported

The Knoxville Fire Department worked an apartment fire Sunday night on Knotty Pine Way at University Heights apartments.  They say the fire appeared to have started on the 2nd floor balcony of an apartment. KFD says the sprinkler system had the fire contained by the time firefighters arrived. Continue Reading »

Franklin, TN – Sprinkler system extinguishes apartment fire

A Franklin woman’s pet cat will live to see another day after a kitchen fire nearly destroyed the unit. 

Officials say the fire happened around 8:30 p.m. on Sunday evening at the Grove at Shadow Green apartments off Columbia Avenue. 

The fire was started when a burner on the stove was left on, igniting the microwave and other combustibles around the appliance. Continue Reading »

Chattanooga, TN – No one hurt in early morning apartment fire suppressed by sprinkler system

An early morning fire last left a family of five displaced.  Chattanooga firefighters were called to the Stoneridge Apartments about an automatic fire alarm going off around 3:00 am Tuesday morning.  Firefighters were told by some residents that there was a small fire in a vacant apartment on the second floor. Continue Reading »

Nashville, TN – Kitchen fire at downtown restaurant controlled with help from sprinkler system

Merchants in downtown Nashville is indefinitely closed due to a fire on Thursday morning.  The Nashville Fire Department responded to the Broadway establishment during the 8 a.m. hour to put out the fire.  The owners of Merchants said there was a small fire on the third floor kitchen caused by a smoker.Continue Reading »

Nashville, TN – Fire at assisted living center put out by sprinkler system; Overheated wall charger identified as cause

Officials responded to a reported fire at the NHC Place at the Trace Assisted Living Center in Bellevue.  According to fire officials, a charger that was plugged into the wall overheated and caused a small fire. The sprinkler system then activated, which put the fire out.Continue Reading »

Mt. Juliet, TN – No injuries in assisted living facility fire contained with help from sprinkler system

An assisted living facility in Mt. Juliet caught fire Friday, forcing residents to evacuate the building. Mt. Juliet Fire Department was called to Mt. Juliet Health Care in the 1600 block of N. Mt.Juliet Rd. around 9 p.m. Friday evening. Firefighters went in and found a room on fire.Continue Reading »