Tag Archives: South Carolina

Columbia, SC – Electrical fire at Coliseum extinguished by sprinkler system

The University of South Carolina’s Carolina Coliseum was damaged in a fire Thursday morning.

Firefighters responded to an alarm at around 10:15 a.m. after a construction worker cut through a live wire he believed was turned off, causing electricity to arc and start a small fire, said Columbia Fire Chief Aubrey Jenkins.Continue Reading »

Fountain Inn, SC – Sprinkler systems keep fire outside plastics business from spreading into structures

Dispatchers said the fire was reported at Ameri-Pak at 477 S. Woods Drive before noon last Tuesday.   The fire burned an area between buildings, but the side of several buildings was singed.

Fire Chief Ronnie Myers said the fire burned mostly outside where the business takes in scrap plastics. Continue Reading »

Myrtle Beach, SC – Fire in 9th floor maintenance office of high-rise hotel contained with help from sprinkler system

Myrtle Beach Fire Department crews responded to a 2-alarm fire at a hotel in downtown Myrtle Beach shortly before 2 p.m. on Friday. MBFD Deputy Chief Tom Gwyer believes the fire started in a maintenance office on the 9th floor of the Monterey Bay Suites on Ocean Boulevard.Continue Reading »

Greenville, SC – Apartment kitchen fire put out by sprinkler system; No injuries reported

Three families are out of their homes following a kitchen fire at an apartment complex. The Red Cross says it’s helping six adults and seven children. It happened Wednesday night at Berea Heights Apartments on Lions Club Road. Berea Fire Department said there was a kitchen fire in an apartment.Continue Reading »

Burton, SC – Apartment kitchen fire caused by unattended cooking extinguished by sprinkler system; No injuries reported

Just after 6 p.m. Thursday, Burton and MCAS firefighters responded to an alarm activation at Magnolia Park Apartments on Laurel Bay Road. When they got there, they found the residents evacuating and smoke was coming from a second-floor apartment. Upon investigation, crews learned the resident fell asleep while cooking.Continue Reading »

Myrtle Beach, SC – Sprinkler system keeps apartment fire from spreading; Fire contained to room of origin

Myrtle Beach Fire Department crews responded to 1075 Mr. Joe White Avenue, the Alliance Inn, Friday morning for the report of an apartment fire, according to Lt. Jon Evans with MBFD.  Evans stated that all occupants were out of the building when crews arrived, and that most of the fire was extinguished by the sprinkler system in the room the fire started in.  Continue Reading »

Myrtle Beach, SC – Kitchen fire at Best Western hotel extinguished by sprinkler system

North Myrtle Beach Fire Rescue crews responded to an alarm activation that turned into a structure fire call at the Best Western.  According to a Facebook post from North Myrtle Beach Fire Rescue, crews were called around 5 p.m., Sunday evening to the Best Western on 1600 block of South Ocean Blvd.Continue Reading »

Sumter, SC – Sprinkler system controls fire at uniform company; Firefighters extinguish flames upon arrival

Sumter Fire Department extinguished a relatively small blaze at a local service business’ facility early Saturday morning, according to a spokesman and an official report.  Emergency units responded to a fire alarm at UniFirst, 2040 Union Camp Blvd., and arrived on the scene at 4:04 a.m.Continue Reading »