Tag Archives: Prince Edward Island

Souris, PEI, Canada – Grease fire at school is extinguished with help from sprinkler system

A small grease fire at Souris Regional School sent students home on Wednesday.  The fire started around 11:15 a.m. in the home economics lab, says John Cummings, director of corporate services with the Public Schools Branch.  The fire was quickly extinguished before firefighters arrived. Continue Reading »

Charlottetown, PE, Canada – Sprinkler system activated after sauna prompts evacuation in shopping mall; No injuries reported

The Charlottetown Mall will be re-opening Tuesday following a fire that triggered an evacuation of the entire complex Sunday afternoon.

However, the Spa Total Fitness Centre, where the fire originated, will remain closed.

No one was injured during the fire, which prompted a response from the Charlottetown Fire Department shortly after 3 p.m.Continue Reading »

Charlottetown, PE, Canada – Sprinkler system activates to help control apartment fire

A Charlottetown woman will be out of her apartment for a couple of days after a fire in another apartment set off the sprinkler system in hers, says the Red Cross.  The occupants of seven apartments on Royal Court, off Queen Street, were forced from their homes by the fire early Sunday morning.  Continue Reading »

Charlottetown, PE, Canada – Sprinklers limit spread of fire that started on deck of loft apartment building

At least six people have been displaced after a fire late Friday afternoon at the Y Lofts condo building in Charlottetown.  There were no injuries.  Charlottetown Fire Chief Randy MacDonald said the call to the 18-unit condo building, located at the corner of Euston and Prince Streets, was received at 5:20 p.m.Continue Reading »

Summerside, PE, Canada – Fire at elementary school extinguished by sprinkler system; Classes resume next day

Most classes at Elm Street Elementary School in Summerside, P.E.I., will resume on Tuesday after a small fire forced the cancellation of all classes on Monday. The fire started near a ventilation fan in the computer server room at about 4:30 p.m.Continue Reading »

Charlottetown, PE, Canada – Sprinkler system contains storage fire at building supplies business

A fire at the Kent Buildings Supplies in Charlottetown last night was the result of halogen bulbs overheating from the emergency lighting, said Charlottetown fire inspector Winston Bryan after the investigation was concluded this morning.

The Charlottetown Fire Department responded to the call at 10:50 p.m.Continue Reading »