A restaurant near the Millcreek Mall had to be evacuated Friday afternoon after a fire broke out in a dumpster. It was reported at Cheddar’s Restaurant on Interchange Road just after 2 p.m. Firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from the back of the building.… Continue Reading »
A two-alarm fire occurred last Thursday night at a warehouse for Ashley Furniture in Ontelaunee Township . Crews were dispatched about 7:20 p.m. to the first block of Ashley Way for the report of an automatic fire alarm. Leesport Fire Chief Kenneth Quell said employees were evacuating the large building when firefighters arrived and were directed to an area where they were told that the sprinkler system had been activated.… Continue Reading »
A fire that occurred the evening of Feb. 5 at Lord Corp. in Cambridge Springs caused minimal damage, according to Cambridge Springs Volunteer Fire Department Jeff Murdock. Cambridge Springs firefighters were called to a structure fire at Lord Corp. at 5 p.m., according to Murdock. … Continue Reading »
Dozens of properties in downtown Wilkes-Barre lost power Friday morning, including a long-term care facility where a fire broke out. Fire crews responded to St. Luke’s Villa at 80 E. Northampton St. around 12:20 p.m. for a fire in an elevator shaft around the same time as other downtown properties lost power. … Continue Reading »
A kitchen fire Saturday in a third-floor unit forced the evacuation of Penns Crossing Apartments in Spring Township, officials reported. Fire crews responded at 12:35 p.m. to a report of smoke in an apartment at 1400 W. Wyomissing Court. Troy Hatt, township deputy fire marshal, said a small kitchen fire was extinguished by the building’s sprinkler system.… Continue Reading »
Third-floor residents of Manorcare Health Services in Jersey Shore were briefly evacuated after a small electrical fire broke out in a bathroom early Tuesday morning, according to Citizen’s Hose Co. Fire Chief Matthew Fausey.