Tag Archives: Night (9pm-5am)

Brockton, MA – Fire at recycling and waste management facility doused by sprinkler system

The sprinkler system at Champion City Recovery did its job early Sunday morning, containing a fire at the transfer station before firefighters arrived. Fire officials responded to the scene at 138 Wilder St. at 2:23 a.m., discovering smoke and fire from a debris pile within the main building.Continue Reading »

Brampton, ON, Canada – Overnight fire at recycling business limited by sprinkler system

Brampton firefighters were called to a tire recycling business on Bramwin Court for a fire in the early morning hours Wednesday (March 28).  As the first firefighters arrived around 4 a.m., they called for a second alarm. However, firefighters say the building’s sprinkler system worked to their advantage and helped contain the flames. Continue Reading »

Chilliwack, BC, Canada – Sprinklers limit fire damage in supportive housing complex

A sprinkler system is being credited with limiting the fire damage in a supportive housing complex in Chilliwack Monday morning.

Firefighters responded to an alarm just before 3 a.m. from a building located in the 8900 block of School Street.

When they arrived, they determined the alarm had been triggered by a fire on the top floor of the four-storey structure.Continue Reading »

Princeton, NJ – Fire at Princeton University chemistry lab contained to storage room by sprinkler system

Firefighters were called to campus early Friday morning to extinguish a fire that broke out in a third-floor storage room in the Frick Chemistry Laboratory. The building’s sprinkler system was activated and contained the flames to the storage room, where a firefighter was able to put them out with a fire extinguisher.… Continue Reading »

Rehoboth Beach, MA – Fire at outlet mall caused by malfunctioning fluorescent light controlled by sprinkler system

A fire March 22 in the Ralph Lauren Polo outlet caused $5,000 in damage, officials say. Firefighters from Rehoboth Beach, Indian River and Lewes responded to the Midway Outlets at 4:19 a.m. for an automatic fire alarm and found a smoke-filled store, said Harry Miller, chief deputy state fire marshal.Continue Reading »

Middletown, DE – Fire at Amazon fulfillment center put out by automatic sprinkler system

The Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal has determined that last night’s Amazon fire in Middletown was accidental and caused minimal damage.  The Volunteer Hose Company of Middletown was called to the Amazon Fulfillment Center at 560 Merrimac Avenue at 9:30 pm for a reported fire inside the processing area.Continue Reading »

Fargo, ND – Fire at FARGODOME indoor stadium doused by sprinkler system

A sprinkler did its job and put out a fire at the FARGODOME in north Fargo Monday night.  Firefighters got the call around 11 p.m. and discovered a dryer fire in a storage area on the lower level. They say a sprinkler head in the area had activated and had completely extinguished the flames, which kept damage to a minimum — about $3,000.Continue Reading »