Tag Archives: New York

Huntington Station, NY – Restaurant fire in strip mall extinguished by sprinkler system

Multiple fire departments were on the scene of a fire at a strip mall in Huntington Station last Friday afternoon. Suffolk Police say a 911 call came in at 2:46 p.m. … Continue Reading ››Continue Reading » “Huntington Station, NY – Restaurant fire in strip mall extinguished by sprinkler system”

New York, NY – Overnight fire in college residence hall extinguished by sprinkler system; Fire started in trash compactor room

At around 12:30 am last Monday night, or early Tuesday morning, a fire broke out at The Towers at CCNY, forcing all of its residents to evacuate. This event marks the second … Continue Reading ››Continue Reading » “New York, NY – Overnight fire in college residence hall extinguished by sprinkler system; Fire started in trash compactor room”

Ithaca, NY – Laundry fire at off-campus apartments contained by sprinkler system

A blaze filled a Summerhill apartment laundry room Saturday afternoon after flames were sparked by a buildup of lint, according to an Ithaca Fire Department press release. The fire torched a … Continue Reading ››Continue Reading » “Ithaca, NY – Laundry fire at off-campus apartments contained by sprinkler system”

Mount Kisco, NY – Electrical fire at go-kart track is held at bay by sprinkler system

Last Monday's fire at the complex that contains the Grand Prix New York go-kart track was determined to be electrical, Mount Kisco Fire Chief David Hughes said today. The small fire broke … Continue Reading ››Continue Reading » “Mount Kisco, NY – Electrical fire at go-kart track is held at bay by sprinkler system”

Middletown, NY – Fire in hospital’s kitchen extinguished by sprinkler system

One employee was hurt by an explosion while attempting to light a stove in the kitchen at Orange Regional Medical Center Thursday morning. Dominick Guardino, chief of special operations for the Mechanicstown … Continue Reading ››Continue Reading » “Middletown, NY – Fire in hospital’s kitchen extinguished by sprinkler system”

Rochester, NY – Sprinkler system suppresses Christmas Eve fire at electronics manufacturer

A Rochester electronics manufacturer that suffered a Christmas Eve fire won’t be able to reopen Wednesday.  Instead, general manager Michael Schlehr said a few workers will be cleaning up and assessing the … Continue Reading ››Continue Reading » “Rochester, NY – Sprinkler system suppresses Christmas Eve fire at electronics manufacturer”