Tag Archives: New Jersey

Lacey Township, NJ – Fire at middle school knocked down by sprinkler system; Terrarium possible cause

Firefighters and other first responders put out a fire at Lacey Township Middle School Tuesday. Nobody was hurt, according to school officials, and police said students had not even arrived at school when the fire broke out.

“The Middle School experienced an isolated small fire this morning in a second-floor classroom while the building was unoccupied activating the fire suppression system,” according to a Facebook post from the township public school district.… Continue Reading »

Pleasantville, NJ – Warehouse fire contained by sprinkler system; Firefighters finish the job

Firefighters extinguished a fire Saturday in a commercial building in the 700 block of West Delilah Road.  Firefighters were dispatched to the ABC Supply Co. for a report of activated fire and water flow alarms at 4:10 p.m.  Fire crews smelled smoke, forced a door and found heavy smoke in the warehouse, Battalion Chief Scott Trythall said, and found materials inside the warehouse on fire. Continue Reading »

Princeton, NJ – Fire at Princeton University chemistry lab contained to storage room by sprinkler system

Firefighters were called to campus early Friday morning to extinguish a fire that broke out in a third-floor storage room in the Frick Chemistry Laboratory. The building’s sprinkler system was activated and contained the flames to the storage room, where a firefighter was able to put them out with a fire extinguisher.… Continue Reading »

Union, NJ – Residence hall fire put out by sprinkler system; No injuries

A lit candle caused a fire on Jan. 17 in Upperclassman Residence Hall and triggered the sprinkler system causing water damage to parts of the building, according to University spokesperson, Margaret McCorry.

The candle fire broke out in a student’s bedroom on the seventh floor of the Upperclassman Residence Hall.Continue Reading »

Holmdel, NJ – Fire in hospital ICU limited with help from sprinkler system; No injuries reported

A fire at Bayshore Medical Center caused patients to be transported to Riverview Medical Center. Hospital officials said the fire started in a toaster oven inside the break room of the ICU. Six patients were transported to Riverview Medical Center, according to April Dunic, a spokeswoman for the hospital.… Continue Reading »

New Brunswick, NJ – Fire on 11th floor of luxury high rise apartment building put out with help from sprinkler system

City officials say no one was injured in a kitchen fire, ignited in an apartment at The Aspire, 135 Somerset St., on February 22. The emergency call came in at 3:05 p.m., with firefighters arriving on the scene within three minutes.Continue Reading »