A Lexington Avenue restaurant’s sprinkler system kept an early Wednesday morning fire in check until firefighters arrived and extinguished it, officials said. Firefighters found smoke coming from Ya Hala restaurant on Lexington Avenue upon arrival at 4:39 a.m., said Deputy Chief Frank Prezioso Firefighters investigated a hissing sound at first believing it to be a gas leak, Prezioso said.… Continue Reading »
Firefighters and other first responders put out a fire at Lacey Township Middle School Tuesday. Nobody was hurt, according to school officials, and police said students had not even arrived at school when the fire broke out.
“The Middle School experienced an isolated small fire this morning in a second-floor classroom while the building was unoccupied activating the fire suppression system,” according to a Facebook post from the township public school district.… Continue Reading »
Firefighters extinguished a fire Saturday in a commercial building in the 700 block of West Delilah Road. Firefighters were dispatched to the ABC Supply Co. for a report of activated fire and water flow alarms at 4:10 p.m. Fire crews smelled smoke, forced a door and found heavy smoke in the warehouse, Battalion Chief Scott Trythall said, and found materials inside the warehouse on fire. … Continue Reading »
A woman was injured after her vehicle crashed into a Trenton building that is home to the state’s Motor Vehicle Commission headquarters. The crash took place at 10:10 a.m. last Tuesday at 225 East State Street, said Trooper Alejandro Goez, a spokesman with the New Jersey State Police.… Continue Reading »
Firefighters were called to campus early Friday morning to extinguish a fire that broke out in a third-floor storage room in the Frick Chemistry Laboratory. The building’s sprinkler system was activated and contained the flames to the storage room, where a firefighter was able to put them out with a fire extinguisher.… Continue Reading »
A lit candle caused a fire on Jan. 17 in Upperclassman Residence Hall and triggered the sprinkler system causing water damage to parts of the building, according to University spokesperson, Margaret McCorry.
A fire at Bayshore Medical Center caused patients to be transported to Riverview Medical Center. Hospital officials said the fire started in a toaster oven inside the break room of the ICU. Six patients were transported to Riverview Medical Center, according to April Dunic, a spokeswoman for the hospital.… Continue Reading »