Tag Archives: New Hampshire

Dover, NH – Apartment kitchen fire extinguished by sprinkler system; No injuries reported

A fire at a Grove Street apartment Sunday was much different from one that occurred there nearly 16 years ago because of the sprinkler system that was installed, said the city’s fire chief.  At around 5:25 p.m. Sunday, the department was dispatched to the apartment building on 71 Grove St.Continue Reading »

Dover, NH – Restaurant fire held down by sprinkler system; Eatery reopens following day

A minor fire at Tucker’s Restaurant in Dover on Sunday night has forced the establishment to close on Monday.  According to Dover Fire Chief Eric Hagman, dispatchers received a fire alarm from the location at 11:33 p.m. followed by a caller from the nearby Applebee’s restaurant who reported heavy smoke in the rear of the building.… Continue Reading »

Laconia, NH – Sprinkler system helps to limit fire at county jail; Overheated generator was cause

A fire that broke out at the newly completed Belknap County Community Corrections Center last week may have caused as much as $100,000 in damaging, authorities report.  Assistant Fire Chief Kirk Beattie said an exhaust pipe from an emergency generator overheated during a load test, setting the surrounding plywood on fire.Continue Reading »

Laconia, NH – Fire in circuit courthouse contained with help from sprinkler system

A fire in a trash can caused the evacuation of the Laconia Circuit Court Monday afternoon.  Meredith’s Vikki Fogg said she opened the door to a ground floor restroom to be met by flames. She told her grandson Nathan, 7, to go tell the bailiff conducting security screenings at the courthouse entrance that there was a fire.… Continue Reading »

Nashua, NH – Middle of night nursing home fire contained by sprinkler system

A fire at the Courville Nursing Home early Sunday sent one person to the hospital and forced more than 50 patients to be relocated to another facility, authorities said. One person was taken to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center for evaluation and possible smoke inhalation, according to the fire department.Continue Reading »

Concord, NH – Fire at 167 year old farmhouse controlled with help from sprinkler system

Concord firefighters envisioned the call before it became reality, imagining what it would be like to have to put out a fire at the massive 1850 farmhouse – converted into apartments – at 4 Garvins Falls Road.

“I think somebody told me last night,” fire Chief Dan Andrus said, “this is the building you drive by and you go, ‘I hope I’m not on duty the night that comes in.’ ”

The chief added: “This building is 167 years old.Continue Reading »

Derry, NH – Fire in storage closet at elementary school suppressed by sprinkler system

A malfunctioning heat pump caused a small fire in a storage closet at the Derry Village Elementary School Friday afternoon. The Derry Fire Department first responded to an activated fire alarm at 2:59 p.m. and found that there was smoke in the third-grade wing of the school. Continue Reading »