Tenants reported smoke and fire in the garage of a unit of the four-plex, Deputy Fire Marshal Dan Derlacki said. The building is equipped with a fire sprinkler system, and the garage fire was put out by a sprinkler head activation in the garage, Derlacki said.… Continue Reading »
Firefighters rushed out to the Lexington Athletic Club early Thursday morning, but sprinklers did their job before crews even arrived. Officials say towels caught fire inside a dryer. The sprinkler system inside the laundry room doused the flames. There were no reported injuries.… Continue Reading »
No injuries were reported in a Sunday morning fire that apparently began on a stove and left three units uninhabitable in a Woodridge apartment building, authorities said. They said a small kitchen fire had triggered the sprinkler system.