Emergency officials responded to a fire at a Cloquet senior living residence Friday evening which has forced some residents out of their apartments. The fire at Larson Commons was reported around 6 p.m. Friday. Area firefighters responded to the incident at the senior living residence and found smoke on the fifth floor.… Continue Reading »
A hotel in the east metro was evacuated early Thursday after a blaze broke out. At about 2:45 a.m. emergency units responded to a report of a room on fire at the Country Inn and Suites in Cottage Grove.
Two Northland College students are accused of setting fires in restrooms at the college on the same day. According to a news release from the Ashland Fire Department, both fires happened on March 19. A morning fire in a Wheeler Hall restroom was put out by a sprinkler system and an evening fire in a Fenenga Hall restroom extinguished itself.… Continue Reading »
The Rochester Fire Department says it was called to Oak Ridge Apartments on North Broadway around 5:22 pm Friday and found fire alarms sounding and light smoke coming from a second floor unit. The flames were put out by a sprinkler head in the apartment before firefighters arrived, but crews cleared out the smoke with ventilation fans and cleaned up the water to prevent any more damage. … Continue Reading »
A fire Friday night at St. John’s Lutheran Community’s Knutson Place Apartments reportedly caused $35,000 in damage. The fire caused a temporary evacuation of residents to other parts of the facility not impacted by the fire. Third-floor residents were taken to the first floor dining room in the nursing home while first responders were on scene.… Continue Reading »
Rochester Fire responded to a fire at Lourdes High School around 1:41 p.m. Sunday. According to fire officials, the fire involved cardboard boxes underneath stairs near the auditorium in the high school. A student, David Poirier, used a portable fire extinguisher to try to extinguish the flames.… Continue Reading »
Firefighters responded to flames at Mega Coin Laundry last Wednesday afternoon. Authorities say the fire began in a dryer and after the clothes were removed from the machine, the smoke set off the sprinkler system. Those with the Rochester Fire Department say they were able to shut down the sprinkler system after forcing entry on a door, but Mega Coin and two other businesses experienced an estimated $10,000 in water damage to floor and carpeting.… Continue Reading »