Tag Archives: Louisiana

Baton Rouge, LA – Sprinkler system activates to assist firefighters in apartment blaze

The St. George Fire Protection District was called to the Addison Apartments on Tuesday afternoon to battle a kitchen fire.  According to Chad Roberson of St. George Fire, a fire alarm was reported around 2 p.m at the Addison Apartments.  Firefighters arrived at the building located at 10231 The Grove Blvd and found a fire in the kitchen area of apartment 210. Continue Reading »

New Iberia, LA – Late night arson fire at medical center extinguished by sprinkler system

A man has been arrested after, fire marshals say, he intentionally set a fire at Iberia Medical Center early Friday morning. Ruddy Romero, Jr., 25, of New Iberia, allegedly set fire to a hospital blanket on a set of chairs in an Intensive Care Unit waiting room on the second floor.Continue Reading »

Hammond, LA – Arson fire at Walmart store contained by sprinkler system

A man is in custody and charged with arson in connection with two fires Saturday afternoon at Northshore Walmart stores. Louisiana State Fire Marshal Chief Butch Browning says 45-year-old Larry Paul Schouest Jr. started the fires at the Hammond and Amite Walmart stores as a distraction after stealing laptop computers from the stores.… Continue Reading »

Simmesport, LA – Sprinkler system activates to stop fire in nursing home storage room

“Always on a Sunday.”

That’s what Bayou Chateau Nursing home owner Gerard LaCour could say in a moment of relief following the evacuation of his facility just hours earlier.

Around 6 p.m. Sunday, the nursing home’s sprinkler system and fire alarm were activated after what LaCour said were “problems in a storage room.”

First responders including Simmesport Police and Fire and Acadian Ambulance got to the nursing home and quickly worked to evacuate residents.Continue Reading »

Baton Rouge, LA – Sprinkler system activates to fight grease fire at LSU apartment complex

A small grease fire turned into a major inconvenience Thursday night for several LSU students.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to The Armstrong Apartment Complex formerly called, Burbank Commons just before 9 p.m.

While there was no fire damage inside the third floor unit where the problem began, water from the sprinkler system damaged the apartment’s contents.Continue Reading »

Baton Rouge, LA – Fire in mechanical closet of Towne Place Suites hotel put out by sprinkler system

The St. George Fire Department responded to a reported fire at the Towne Place Suites, located at 8735 Summa Ave. around 5 p.m. Monday evening.  Firefighters observed dense smoke coming from a downstairs maintenance closet.  The fire was extinguished by the sprinkler system. Continue Reading »

Lafayette, LA – Fire at Super 8 Motel caused by child playing with matches is put out by sprinkler system

At 9:57 a.m. Monday, Lafayette firefighters responded to the Super 8 Motel at 2224 NE Evangeline Thruway for a mattress fire in a room on the second floor. When firefighters arrived, the sprinkler system had activated and extinguished the fire. Moderate smoke was still in the hotel room.Continue Reading »