A fire inside a mixing room at a Salina food supply company leads to over $200,000 in loss and damages. Fire Marshal Troy Long with SFD tells KSAL News that the fire sprinkler system at McShares Food Supply & Equipment saved the company from further losses after a fire ignited just before 10:30pm Tuesday evening.
A fire at a Kansas State dormitory displaced about two dozen students. University officials say the fire early Friday started on the fourth floor of Wefald Hall. All students were evacuated for about three hours. No injuries were reported. Sprinklers extinguished the fire before firefighters arrived.… Continue Reading »
Residents of a west Topeka senior high-rise apartment building were awakened by the sound of smoke alarms early Wednesday after a trash fire inside their building, authorities said. The residents either made it outside safely or sheltered in place as Topeka Fire Department crews extinguished the blaze.… Continue Reading »
One person was rescued from an apartment that caught fire early Saturday in downtown Lawrence, authorities said. The blaze was reported at 5:16 a.m. Saturday at 800 New Hampshire Street. The first firefighter arrived on the scene at 5:18 a.m. and reported nothing was showing from the five-story apartment building, said Division Chief Justin Temple, of Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Medical.… Continue Reading »
A minor explosion and small fire occurred early Wednesday afternoon at White Energy’s gluten plant in Russell. Russell City Firefighters responded to the fire at about 12:45 PM Wednesday. The Russell Police Department also responded for traffic control. According to Fire Chief Shane Preston, the blaze was mostly extinguished by the facility’s sprinkler system, but firefighters had to put out a few hot embers.… Continue Reading »