A fire broke out in a Vernon Hills senior living complex’s laundry room Tuesday morning, but officials from the Countryside Fire Protection District say a sprinkler system and collapsible doors contained the fire until crews arrived.
An artificial Christmas tree stored on top of a cooler caught fire Tuesday evening at The Fresh Market in the Westlake Shopping Center and caused an estimated $250,000 in damages, according to the Peoria Fire Department. The fire caused extensive smoke damage, but minimal fire damage and no injuries, according to the Fire Department. … Continue Reading »
*** NO MEDIA COVERAGE – Fire Department Reported ***
On May 15, 2017 at 12:31 p.m., the Park Ridge Fire Department was dispatched to 1775 W. Dempster Street, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital (ALGH), for an activated fire alarm. Upon arrival, the Incident Commander was notified by ALGH staff of a reported fire in the basement of the Surgery Building.… Continue Reading »
(No Media Coverage – Fire Department Reported) On February 12, 2017 at 5:09 p.m. the Park Ridge Fire Department was dispatched to 50 N. Northwest Highway for an activated fire alarm. Crews arrived on the scene within four (4) minutes and determined there was a possible fire in the trash room located in the parking garage. … Continue Reading »
Recycling materials inside Waste Management’s DeKalb facility caught fire recently and caused an estimated $150,000 in damage to the building, according to a DeKalb Fire Department news release. The department responded at 10:17 a.m. Saturday to a reported fire in the facility at 115 Simonds Ave. … Continue Reading »
FIRE DEPARTMENT REPORTED – NO MEDIA COVERAGE *** The Village of Schaumburg Fire Department responded to a call early morning (1:30 am) on Wednesday (1/18) at the IKEA in Schaumburg. Upon arrival our crews reported light smoke in the building. They were meet by building maintenance who stated the syrup machine started on fire in the first floor food court activating the sprinkler system.… Continue Reading »