The Sandwich Fire Department extinguished a blaze at the Plano Molding Company on Thursday. Fire officials were dispatched to the Plano Molding Company, which is located at 500 Duvick Ave. at approximately 11:24 a.m. for an activated fire alarm. While officials were enroute to the scene, they were updated from 911 calls that there was a fire within the building at 510 Duvick Ave., which is the Plano Molding distribution warehouse.… Continue Reading »
*** Please See Sprinkler Saves Blog Note to Editor Below *** Sprinkler damage: Spring Valley high-rise residents displaced. No one was hurt in a Sunday night fire at the Spring Valley high-rise, but 24 residents were displaced by heavy water damage from the sprinklers.… Continue Reading »
** No Media Coverage – Fire Department Reported *** Around 1029 hours on Sunday, the Libertyville Fire Department responded to an activated fire alarm at a plastic manufacturing plant. When the first in engine company arrived, the firefighter in the jump seat thought he saw smoke from the building.… Continue Reading »
A fire broke out in a Vernon Hills senior living complex’s laundry room Tuesday morning, but officials from the Countryside Fire Protection District say a sprinkler system and collapsible doors contained the fire until crews arrived.
An artificial Christmas tree stored on top of a cooler caught fire Tuesday evening at The Fresh Market in the Westlake Shopping Center and caused an estimated $250,000 in damages, according to the Peoria Fire Department. The fire caused extensive smoke damage, but minimal fire damage and no injuries, according to the Fire Department. … Continue Reading »
*** NO MEDIA COVERAGE – Fire Department Reported ***
On May 15, 2017 at 12:31 p.m., the Park Ridge Fire Department was dispatched to 1775 W. Dempster Street, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital (ALGH), for an activated fire alarm. Upon arrival, the Incident Commander was notified by ALGH staff of a reported fire in the basement of the Surgery Building.… Continue Reading »