A grease fire broke out at Tropicana Field Thursday, right as the Rays are about to open their 21st season, officials said. The fire started on the third level of the stadium. Officials said the sprinkler system was activated and the fire was extinguished. … Continue Reading »
A 14-year-old was charged with arson, Saturday, after an explosion that caused a fire inside a bathroom at Timber Creek High School, according to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office. Orange County Fire Rescue officials say the fire activated the sprinkler system inside the bathroom, putting the fire out.… Continue Reading »
Monroe County Fire Rescue responded at 3:17 a.m. Thursday to a fire inside the City of Key West’s transfer station at 125 Toppino Industrial Drive on Rockland Key. The fire was put out just after 5 a.m. with no injuries. Here’s what happened: Crews from Stock Island, Cudjoe Key and Big Coppitt Key arrived to find heavy smoke inside the building that made it impossible to enter immediately.… Continue Reading »
A fire forced guest and staff to evacuate a Tampa hotel. Tampa Fire Rescue responded to a fire at the Marriott Hotel located at 3805 W. Cypress Street on Thursday night. The fire started around 9:15 p.m. Firefighters said a flight attendant who was staying at the hotel started the heater/AC unit and it sparked.… Continue Reading »
According to Destin Fire Department Batallion Chief Jimmy Taylor, the call came in at 4:37 a.m. and crews from the Destin Fire Department and the Okaloosa Island Fire Department responded.… Continue Reading »
Fire rescue crews were called to a high rise apartment building fire in Northeast Miami-Dade. The incident happened Saturday afternoon at the 7900 block of Northeast Bayshore Court. According to officials, the building was evacuated after reports of a fire in the second floor storage room.… Continue Reading »
Historic City News learned that the City of St Augustine Fire Department was dispatched to a residential structure fire before 6:00 a.m. Sunday morning at Las Palmas on the Intracoastal condominiums in North City.
Hundreds were evacuated from a Miami Beach hotel early Tuesday morning after an electrical fire broke out. Crews responded to the scene outside the Deauville Beach Resort at 67th Street and Collins Avenue around 3 a.m. A hotel employee told NBC 6 that a generator caught fire outside of the building and that no one was injured.… Continue Reading »