Tag Archives: Evening (6pm-9pm)

Boulder, CO – Sprinkler system contains fire in kitchen area of restaurant; Firefighters fully extinguish blaze

Boulder Fire Rescue responded to a small fire that broke out in the kitchen of Foolish Craig’s in downtown Boulder on Wednesday night.  Battalion Chief Dave Gelderloos said a Boulder police officer called in the fire at about 8:26 p.m. after he heard and alarm and smelled smoke in the area. Continue Reading »

Richmond, TX – (No Media Coverage) Apartment kitchen fire contained by single sprinkler; No injuries to civilians or firefighters

** Fire Department Reported – No Media Coverage ** On 11/05/2018 at approximately 1900 hours. Investigators responded to an apartment located at 1901 WATERSIDE VILLAGE Drive Richmond, TX 77407 for an oven fire in the apartment. The fire activated one sprinkler head, which contained the fire to the oven.… Continue Reading »

Clear Lake, IA – Sprinkler system extinguishes kitchen fire in condominium; No injuries reported

A stove top grease fire at a condominium complex was put out before firefighters could arrive Monday night. The Clear Lake Fire Department was called to The Harborage Pilot House on North Shore Drive around 8:44 pm. Three engine companies, 18 firefighters, and one ambulance responded, with another engine company and five firefighters from Ventura being sent for mutual aid.Continue Reading »

Statesville, NC – Boiler room fire at high school put out by sprinkler system; No injuries and classes not disrupted

A fire that broke out Monday night in a boiler room at Statesville High School did “minimal damage” and will not disrupt classes, school officials said Tuesday.  The school’s sprinkler system put out the blaze shortly after it began around 6:30 p.m., according to a press release from Iredell-Statesville Schools. Continue Reading »

Stanford, CA – Sprinkler system activates to help control dorm fire at Stanford University; No injuries reported and damage limited

Around 6:30 p.m. last Sunday night, residents of Ujamaa House in the Lagunita residential complex were evacuated after a fire was reported in a resident’s room. According to Bec Smith ’20, Palo Alto Fire Department said the fire originated from an electrical wiring issue. Continue Reading »

Ferndale, MI – Fire in 68-unit apartment building for elderly, disabled, and low income residents extinguished by sprinkler system

At about 8:30 pm last Monday night some residents of Withington West apartments were evacuated due to a fire that started in a fourth floor apartment.  Withington West is a 68-unit property of the Ferndale Housing Commission. It is home to elderly, disabled and low income residents.Continue Reading »

Tempe, AZ – Computer monitor fire in classroom building at Arizona State University contained by sprinkler system; No injuries reported

A small electrical fire stemming from a computer monitor in ASU’s Brickyard complex occurred on Sunday evening, according to a spokeswoman from Tempe Fire Medical Rescue Department.  There were no reported injuries at the time of publication.  “The fire was in an actual computer monitor,” interim Assistant Chief and Fire Marshal Andrea Glass said.… Continue Reading »