One person was sent to the hospital for observation after a fire in a Virginia Square condominium Friday morning. The fire was reported around 6:30 a.m. at the high-rise Hawthorn condo building, which is located at 820 N. Pollard Street, across Wilson Blvd from Gold’s Gym. … Continue Reading »
A fire Tuesday morning at a two-story home in east Ventura was put out with the help of firefighters and interior sprinklers. Crews from the Ventura Fire Department responded to the incident at 5:28 a.m. in the 300 block of El Monte Avenue and saw smoke coming from an upstairs bedroom window, fire officials said. … Continue Reading »
Palm Springs firefighters put out an early Sunday morning blaze in downtown Palm Springs. Crews got the call of the fire at around 6 a.m. and found smoke in a building at the Mercado Plaza on Palm Canyon Drive. Firefighters say the blaze was contained in a exterior hallway by the sprinkler system.… Continue Reading »
The Mount Prospect Culver’s is temporarily closed after a garbage fire Saturday morning, officials said. The fire broke out about 6:11 a.m. at the restaurant, 1501 Dempster Street, said Battalion Chief Dane Phenegar of the Mount Prospect Fire Department, but the fire was contained by the restaurant’s sprinkler system. … Continue Reading »
Firefighters are now investigating an early morning warehouse fire in Pasco. Firefighters responded to the 1400 block of Foster Wells Rd. around 1:30 this morning, after a warehouse caught on fire.
The building houses cardboard boxes, spices and chemicals used in the local packing houses.… Continue Reading »
Residents of a Taylor County nursing home were evacuated after fire broke out early Thursday morning. Firefighters from four area departments responded to the fire at the Clearview Homes at 202 Jefferson Street. Clearfield Assistant Fire Chief Clifford Briggs tells KMA News the fire was reported shortly before 6:15 a.m.… Continue Reading »
A fire at a Kansas State dormitory displaced about two dozen students. University officials say the fire early Friday started on the fourth floor of Wefald Hall. All students were evacuated for about three hours. No injuries were reported. Sprinklers extinguished the fire before firefighters arrived.… Continue Reading »